Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Timed Out

Bryan Workman
Every time i try to log on my Client Computer says "WARNING: failed to connect to server: Timed out NOTE: connecting to '169.254.77.124': 169.254.77.124:24800"
Matthew Dykins
I have a similar issue. I am trying to use Synergy Pro as a server on a macbook and client on a 64 bit windows 7. I get the timeout over and over. When I make the Windows 7 pc the server and the macbook the client it connects and works. I have both firewalls off. It worked fine for over a year, then I moved and switched from a comcast to a verizon router. That is the only difference (other than I upgraded to Synergy Pro, but it wasn't working with 1.6.3).
Edwin Beltran
I am having the exact same issue, but, the server is my Windows PC. I have a Windows 8.1 Pro (Server) and my MBP Retina Mid-2012 OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 (Client), both system have the firewall turned off... They initially show signs of connection... the Server recognize the client and ask me where to put the screen, after that, nothing happens. The client keeps throwing timeout... I am using the latest 1.7.2 build. I need help debugging this... I have the Debug2 option, but the information seem not helpful to debug the connectivity issue.
Edwin Beltran
[quote="Edwin Beltran"]I am having the exact same issue, but, the server is my Windows PC. I have a Windows 8.1 Pro (Server) and my MBP Retina Mid-2012 OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 (Client), both system have the firewall turned off... They initially show signs of connection... the Server recognize the client and ask me where to put the screen, after that, nothing happens. The client keeps throwing timeout... I am using the latest 1.7.2 build. I need help debugging this... I have the Debug2 option, but the information seem not helpful to debug the connectivity issue.[/quote] Hi, found the solution to my problem, switched from using the automatic IP the program assigned, to the one assigned by my network DHCP, and worked...
  • 2 weeks later...
jianguo Liu
[quote="Edwin Beltran"][quote="Edwin Beltran"]I am having the exact same issue, but, the server is my Windows PC. I have a Windows 8.1 Pro (Server) and my MBP Retina Mid-2012 OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 (Client), both system have the firewall turned off... They initially show signs of connection... the Server recognize the client and ask me where to put the screen, after that, nothing happens. The client keeps throwing timeout... I am using the latest 1.7.2 build. I need help debugging this... I have the Debug2 option, but the information seem not helpful to debug the connectivity issue.[/quote] Hi, found the solution to my problem, switched from using the automatic IP the program assigned, to the one assigned by my network DHCP, and worked...[/quote] Can you specify where to check it? thanks.